Thread: Light Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KID4LIFE View Post
sycarms, you mentioned that you run (2) 35w and (2) 55w on your buggy. can you tell me what light pattern you use? there a few to choose from and i can't make up my mind. there is the spot, work, driving & flood patterns. i want to see out in front obviously but don't know if the spot will be a wide enough beam. the flood seems like it would light it up around the buggy but nor too far out in front of you. maybe a combo of both....what do you run?
A lot of off roaders use two types of lights, floods and spots.Think of the two sets of lights as high beam and low beam. Normally one set is mounted low for illumination around the buggy [low beam, floods] your able to see into turns and details of the trail. A second set is mounted high on the roll cage to illuminate out ahead of the buggy, the higher the better for range [high beams, spots]. You adjust the lights so the high beams pickup where the low beans fade out. you don't want a shadow section between the light patterns. The high beams are on a second switch so you can cut them out just like dimming the lights in your car. Otherwise you blind oncoming traffic or while your in a campground or a illuminated area.