View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 05:48 PM
Contributor

Ply normally on atv tires is how puncture resist and less plys means they are lighter. Its how many layers of rubber makes up the tire. My terrain also tends to eat/break/tear knobs off tires so I like lugs. Lugs grab better in mud however they are directional where knobs are not.

A trick with directional tires is on the rear you run them correct since you want the tire to grab the ground. On 2wd front you want the ground to grab the tire you run them backwards. You see this on farm equipment where the wheels rolling operate the machine like a hay rake. I personally run all 4 of mine the same direction and have no issues.

I ride in the woods a lot over sticks and thorns so thick tires are better. People that race or ride on sand don't care and can run light tires with less plys. Personally I think knobs are only good on manicured dirt race tracks and not much else but thats my opinion.

25s are too big for these 150s. When I got my honda rims the rears had some wore out 25 2 plys on it that I drove around on for a bit (had 24s on the front rims). The little engine couldn't even spin the bald tires over and it just about burnt off the clutch the short time I ran them. Needed one when I got it anyways. The 24s rubbed on the front and my turning radius was huge. 23s are the max I would suggest for a 150 but only if its tuned for them.

I looked at sunF tires but seems you either get great tires or they separate right off the bat. I also couldn't get and hard info on actual tire diameter and weight. While I was looking the GBCs I had saved in my cart dropped to $111 shipped (ebay) for 2 so I jumped.

Last edited by neo71665; 08-22-2018 at 05:51 PM.