View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytoys2 View Post
Master, with that gas tank, you'll run all week and still give fuel to your buddies when they run out.
Thats kinda what I was thinking, lol. I couldn't beat the price and it already had a filter and petcock included. Here is the link if anyone is interested.

Quote:
I have a pair of Kawasaki Mojave shocks which are 15" from eye to eye. Would extra shock length help you out. Bad is each coil I believe is 300 lbs rate.
There is a guy on BN that runs the mojave shocks out back, but with progressive springs. I was looking at 400ex shocks, since they are pretty light on the weight side, but since I don't have an interference issue, I am going to run with these for now.

@xbird- Wow, thats quite a bit of work to get them to fit. I was concerned mainly about the joint maxing out at full lock like you had. I might forgo that idea for now, and modify my existing knuckles to obtain the angle that I need. I really hate the idea of using spacers or washers to shim the joint into its proper location. One idea that I have is to angle the knuckle where the tie rod attaches to roughly 30 degrees to both raise the tie rod angle for bump steer, and also to give the outer joint more articulation without binding. At the same time, I am looking at making clevis for the inner tie rod ends to get things right.

I am also entertaining the idea of making a new location or the attachment, to incorporate some Ackerman at the same time, and put it closer to the ball joint to give a little more turn in the front end. when this is all said and done, I too, like MSM did, will likely need to build my own spindles to get what I really want.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'