View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 03:25 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckau View Post
Though I can really appreciate the comfort of a sprung and /or a suspension seat. Many a time I've climbed out thinking to myself " I got to get a softer ride! especially at my old age!
I have been hesitant because I have often wondered what the seat movement does to seat belt adjustment? One moment your adjusted tight, then loose as the seat articulates. In order for the belt system to effective when you really need it, you got to be planted firmly in the seat! A loose belt can defeat the purpose and possibly do more damage than good. I haven't tried a suspension seat yet but would really like to hear from those who have. For the sake of my back, I would like to hear this belt adjustment isn't a problem.
From what I have read and also imagine, unless you are hard core racing everyone that uses a suspension seat seems to love them.

Though a lot of the suspension seats I have looked at online just appear to have paracord on the seat bottom and that is what is giving movement.I may be wrong but it doesn't appear so.

That type of seat wouldn't work for me as I need support otherwise my back aches.

I'm not sure if you looked at the link I supplied but those springs involved are not that long and you can also adjust to the preferred amount of movement. I can't see the amount of travel that they have being a problem with my harness coming that loose. They just seem to take a bit of the edge off.

Besides for the type of riding I am doing it would not be a problem.

Got a notification that I have a delivery tomorrow and I think it may be my new seats!