View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 06:56 PM

Ok, so no more recommendations on the front shocks, huh? I think I am going to try what T3beatz did here.

A few things got finished today, seat mounted in the center of the buggy with scratch made seat tracks. Tossed the beat up and worn out sliders, not that I have any short friends anyway.

Mounted the gynormagantuan fuel tank on the rack. Took up most of the rack, maybe enough space to strap a small power sport battery on the L/H side.

Finished up the swing arm extension and then proceeded to search for one of the bushings for 2 hours to bolt it up and check the clearance. Got it bolted up, installed the engine, and had the wife eyeball the head to seat action. With the preload bumped up one notch, I was able to get the shocks to bottom out, and still had about an inch before it touched the seat. Yes I had planned to apply some heat resistant tape to the back of the seat, and running header wrap as well. Should be enough to keep my pants from catching fire. Hopefully. Also, with the extension and not moving the shock mounts, I only lost about 1/2" of ground clearance in the rear.

Next will be trying to get the engine to run, and routing the exhaust. Still up in the air if I want to reuse the stock head pipe or have another made. Then back up front to the tie rods.

I do have a question for Xbird. I noticed you have your outer tie rod ends hung vertically, how does this effect your turning radius? I am contemplating changing my current design and researching methods.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-09-28 18.15.34.jpg (95.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-09-28 18.48.42.jpg (90.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-09-28 18.48.56.jpg (88.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-09-28 18.49.33.jpg (94.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-09-28 18.49.14.jpg (92.9 KB, 24 views)

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'