View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 11:44 AM
Supporting Vendor

Have you done a compression check, have you checked the valve lash. Sorry if these questions are redundant, I haven't read thru all the posts so this may have been answered already. This is important to know because if you are low on compression due to either misadjusted valves or worn rings, the buggy won't run right no matter what parts you throw at it until the main problem is repaired. You have to be certain the engine is sound first. It has to have compression 150psi plus. 130 psi and below and it will never run right until compression is restored. You need spark, check the color, it should be blue. White, yellow, or orange are all weak, you need a blue spark. You need the correct metered air/fuel mixture or it will not run right. When I buy a used buggy before I do anything I'll make sure compression is adequate, next if not running I will make sure it is getting fuel and has a good spark. You will want to check the intake for any vacuum leaks for this will cause a lean mixture. Go to Americansportworks.com and download the engine service manual for the 7150 buggy. This manual will give you all necessary information for you to check and troubleshoot your problem. The manual is very detailed. Once you have a well running stock engine then you work on building more performance. There is only ONE way to build more performance and that is by installing the parts which will directly introduce more air and fuel into the cylinder. The head, cam, along with a less restricted air intake and exhaust are the most important. Big bore kits, Perf. CDI's, iridium plug, hot coil and CVT mods will only enhance the performance of the head and cam mods. Alone without these other mods will due absolutely nothing with the exception of the CVT. On a stock engine CVT mods basically rob Peter to pay Paul, for the mods will increase the low end torque but top end will suffer. Once you build more power into the motor the CVT mods will make for bettering the engines power curve thus moving this additional power in a range to most satisfy four type of driving.