View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 03:35 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
Make sure when doing the compression test you have the throttle wide open. If reading is low use an oil can with engine oil and give it 2-3 squirts of oil. Redo your test, if compression rises the problem is worn rings, if it stays the same the problem is in the valves which may need adjustment. If you download the manual I mentioned last post it will relieve much of the frustration since you will have all sorts of info at your fingertips making it easier to troubleshoot. Last, know what your buying, many will make false claims either out of ignorance or just plain greed. Whenever you buy used you also buy the problem. You have to be patient and work thru it. Money alone fixes nothing, money and knowledge ( mostly knowledge) fixes anything. Download that manual and read thru it, it's free unless you print it off than it will only cost the paper and ink it takes to print.
=================
I like your reply and it makes sense... The compression test i will have to wait until my son comes over ( i can not read what it says)...After dinner tonight i will download that manual... Thanks...Boob