View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 02:56 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
First off I would not change anything on the engine until the warranty expires. As far as break-in goes, you want about 1 hour riding time on the oil it comes with. The first hour should be minimum idle time and 90% driving without ever going over 3/4 throttle but at the same time don't drive at a constant speed ( throttle, letup, throttle, let up). After the first hour drain oem oil while warm. Refill with a non detergent 30w 0r 40w oil (strait weight). Run this oil in same manner as above for about 3 hours (don't have to be all at once). Again drain while warm than refill with a quality 10W40 V-twin or ATV oil. These are designed for air cooled engines which run much warmer than a water cooled engine. I personally prefer 100% synthetic oil but any high quality oil will be sufficient. Many will drive a new vehicle like the stole it and never have a problem that they know of with it. However by breaking it in properly the rings will seat much better giving you the maximum compression which means more power and more efficiency, also the cam and its followers will seat much better.
===============================
Thank you for the reply back, i have always had new cars and always broke them in hard from the beginning and it seemed to work fine, then again i never kept a car with more then 30k miles on it as they all have been leased vehicles... As i have been reading the "quality" on these Chinese scooters have improved quite a bit in the last ten years, so i am going to follow the break in schedule on it and follow your advise on it, who knows i may keep this one for a while... Thanks... Bob