View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 09:09 PM
Lurker

Got my impact today, took off the nuts and found the roller weights to look perfectly round with no flat spots. They were all sitting correctly, and able to spin freely. All three horseshoe shaped plastic pieces were intact and nothing else unusual by my inspection...

Then I went to the rear clutch / driven and am unable to get it off because the frame is in the way just by a cm or two. My question is do I need to figure out a way to take it off and inspect it further or can I leave it there...I spent an hour trying to figure out how I might get it off and couldn't come up with anything reasonable...I am barely able to squeeze it together and it will not stay together...Is that normal?

Here is a picture of the frame in the way of taking it off

I checked the 3 springs on the driven/clutch and they are all tight and I'm unable to move them so I believe that means they are working properly.

Anything else I should look at under the cover in the cvt area before I move on to the engine valves

Speaking of engine valves, it looks like I need to order some sizers to make sure they are all the proper distance?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0285.jpg (78.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0286.jpg (76.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0288.jpg (89.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0289.jpg (84.7 KB, 7 views)