Thread: first glimps
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Heavy Contributor

Took a good shakedown ride today! Had a few nuts and bolts work loose. Seems like there's always a few that get by. A little locktite and a tightening session and all is good. I did loose a brake rotor locking collar some where along the way. Another Item I obviously failed to tighten. :
Added a stiffer return spring on the gas pedal. That cured the sticky pedal issue.
Bled the brakes again I got brakes!!!!! The system works good, Locks all four corners in dirt but still not quite where I want them. These masters and calipers are so finicky a BB size air bubble can kill the whole system.I still got a small amount of air somewhere. I use a pressure type bleeder , forcing in at the master reservoir supply tube. just the miniscule amount of air getting into the system from connecting the pressure hose can soften the system. The up side is the system does indeed work! The yerf masters are supplying plenty of pressure and volume. The brake bios valve is gonna be a blast to play with! It's working like I had anticipated.
The front shocks...I thought were going to be too soft but as I ride I'm growing to like them.
The rear shocks got to go!!!!!!!!!!! way too stiff! The rear end gets almost out of control at times. I hit some rough stuff and it feels like the only dampening I get is from tire pressure! The tires bounce and there's no telling which way the rear is pointed when touching down. I'm all over the trail! I got to get my shock worksheet done so I can order some decent shocks. These are killing me! One brightside, those rear shocks ain't too shabby for the oval track. The tight rear gets a good bite in the turns and improves acceleration going into the straights.
I got a strong harmonic vibration that runs through the buggy just as the clutch engages but goes away as the clutch gets fully engaged. Happens between the 3 to 4,000 rpm range. I'll pull that clutch next time around and see what's up with that.