View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

It's hard to get anything donewith neighbors & family members constantly breaking their mowers & expecting me to fix them-RIGHT NOW.
I did get a little something done- fabricated a swing arm based off the known's of the parts. The driven clutch was frozen closed & bonded to the shaft, so removal left it broken! Ordered a new driven clutch and a carb. for $117.00 to be here end of next week. Now I have a total of $457. so that idea of keeping it @ $500. isn't going to happen. I got the motor almost mocked up for belt placement, exhaust route & all the clearances needed. So far I'm going to have a wheel base just under 6' (close to stock) Next move for me is to get motor mounts made, but need the new driven clutch for an accurate belt alignment.I made the swing arm horizontals long because I didn't know how to calculate any of it, I made the differential brackets where I could slide it forward & back for mocking up the motor-to- differential spacing.Still have to figure out rear shock length & placement. I'm just going to sand blast all the dirty parts while I wait & fix some mowers!!!! The pic's show how it's all placed in the swing arm & buggy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003 (4).jpg (58.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 001 (7).jpg (59.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 002 (5).jpg (61.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 004 (2).jpg (61.6 KB, 7 views)