View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Contributor

I had good results with changing my internal gears from 13/40 to 13/43. It was like putting 3 teeth on the rear sprocket. I had gone from a 31t rear sprocket to a 39t and it was great for low end but top speed was 28/30mph at 8600rpms. The 31t would get me to 40mph at about 7200rpms and couldn't pull any more. So with the 31t back on and 13/43 internal gears it works great. But if you buggy has a built in reverse the gears wont work.

I think your dr pulley and 12g sliders are a good set up. I ran 10g sliders in my wifes buggy with the doctor pulley and stock gearing and it also worked great.

If you do get a dr2 get the one with the larger 20mm rollers. I have been running my dr2 with 8/9g rollers for over three ridding seasons and they haven't flat spotted yet. The upshift is noticeable on the dr2 with the 20mm rollers.

I bought last year on gy6 racing team for my wife's blue dune a 18mm dr2 and ran 10/12 sliders and one of the 12g sliders keep falling back and causes the pulley to be stuck in the middle of the shift like you are taking off in 2nd gear,this has happened three times.

So I put the 10.5/12g rollers in and no problem just a lot of rpm to engage the clutch. I am going to get a new clutch due to the pad wear before I put heavier rollers in.

I was running a doctor pulley in my wifes dune and it worked great and had better take off that a stock variator due to the belt sits deeper in the variator for lower ratio than stock. I replaced it because the drive face was worn. I should of just bought a new drive pulley, not that much performance change with the 18mm dr2. But with all the mods I do at the same time its hard to tell what made the difference. We drive 3 hours to get to the desert and I do all my testing at home on our short street so it is hard to tell until we get out there.

Last edited by Johnny 5; 09-02-2013 at 11:05 AM.