View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 06:37 AM
Power User

That's almost where i'm at with this old quad engine. it just takes too much to keep it together and have a year in it without it running at it's full potential. one more race season and something 2000 or newer goes in. I'm pretty well set on the LTZ400, it lets me reuse some of my rear framework and only adds in the manual clutch. For smaller displacement, a ninja 250 engine or similar high revving bike engine would be pretty sweet, but you'll still need the center carrier or a box like the RPM. With or without reverse, that tends to be the pricey part of doing CV joint irs. With one of those, i don't think you'd need to reinforce the front end quite as heavily. FWIW, that set of Roketa trailing arms and axles someone posted on GN (CL ad out west) the other day is a STEAL. If you're really up for doing this, grab that setup asap--more than 50 percent done right there. with built arms, installed can be pretty simple, just don't follow the method i used LOL. Start with your own fresh mounts.

Last edited by x-bird; 12-20-2013 at 06:41 AM.