View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytoys2 View Post
"I may not make the progress I was making, due to motivation finally kicking in to start school and GTFO of my field. Not that it is a terrible area to be an expert in, it has become a dead end and the rut keeps getting deeper. Sacrifices for the long term, at least that's what I keep telling myself. "

Being an educator myself, I whole heartedly agree with what you are going through. Even though your sig, states that you have reached a relatively high level of proficiency for your field, "everyone" needs to strive to reach their highest obtainable goal. For myself, I get so frustrated when students do not realize the potential that they have and just seek the needs for now. I can not count the number of students that have dropped out of school to get a job so that they can make payments on some #@%^ car.

Hang in there. You can NEVER have too much education, unless it is in a field like Underwater basket weaving or Philosophy.
What about majoring in music appreciation, with a minor in cultural histories?? LMAO

I appreciate the sentiment, I do, but it seems to be a daunting task, and with all the press on student loan rates and such, makes me nervous. As far the top of my field, yes, I am at the top. At the age of 30 I have been told I have capped my own salary, and will never move out of the shop. Yeah, not what I was expecting either. So, with that in mind, I shall start my journey in a few weeks, and hopefully, I will have the job I have been after for several years. I can't stand to leave all the knowledge I have and start over, but if this comes through, I shall pass my know how onto others.

Quote:
Do you have picks of this semi IRS on BN? The idea sounds awesome, best of both worlds.
I can link you a thread if you like. X likely knows of which design I am speaking of.

Here you go

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'