Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 11:54 AM
Supporting Vendor

Looked at both links. The main thing that would concern me is at both links they are on clearance and only in black. This to me means that once these buggies are gone there will be no more. Everything from suspension to the engine is like none of the major buggy manufacturers. So will you be able to get parts in a year or so? Or worse yet in 6 months. The engine although is a gy6 clone, what series gy6 is it? The most common would be the series A which you will never in the many years to come have problems getting parts for it. There are several different configurations of the B series and parts can be pricy. I built an engine out of a GSMoon about a year back and the head gasket alone was just under 50.00. To build the customers engine back stock cost almost as much as a performance GY6 A series build. Some higher end scooters use the series B engines but they all seem to conform with one another. Not the buggies though. If it comes to needing engine parts and you have one of the odd ball series B engines you may not find anything that will work other than piston and rings. Cylinders alone as well as heads I have come across thru the years on the series B engines will have about 4 different bolt patterns 3 of which you won't be able to find critical engine parts for a rebuild which will leave you with only 2 options, sell the buggy for next to nothing or repower it with a series A gy6. But there will be fabricating to be done for it to fit and everything line up. One thing is for sure with these buggies is that they will in time need parts. If the buggies stop being imported so do the parts.