View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 01:30 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
Looks awesome.

The more I look at that top link, the more I think you may have changed the geometry. The rear tires used to go up and down in sort of an arc, now I think it will be less of an arc and more like a single swingarm.

I have no idea what the effect will be. I would be curious to compare it with the top link more vertical.
I see what u mean and yes before it was more of a arc using the shock more directly, now it will like x-bird said more of a,vertical (at first) and inward motion, the top link isn't really there to let the rear ride up and down (it does a bit) it is there more to keep the top of the cage steady and in line (otherwise it would want to go forward and rearward) , it keeps the top of the cage where it was originally with the stock dog bones and hanging, it only rides up and down a bit. hopefully i wont get too many negative sides by this change. We will see. I am hoping that since shock travel is about 2.5-3" max it wont make a huge difference in negative sides but i will be very happy if the rear can flex at least 2" that combined witht front should give me a bit more articulation ��

Last edited by hhgtsplatinum; 04-24-2015 at 01:47 PM.