View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 12:42 AM
Contributor

When i picked up the hammerhead i have the rear wire harness was gone completely. The front harness was there but the previous owners dog had chewed everything at the dash.
I am not great at electrical stuff but i was able to order some wire in different colors and redo all of the wires on my buggy. I did have to order some pig tail connectors from one of the supporting vendors but other than that there is not 1 inch of original wiring on my buggy.
It took some time to do it right and i messed up in a few places and had to redo some of it but in the end my electrical system is AWESOME.

The only thing i have had come up is i have had to clean the grounds every once in a while. But you have to keep in mind my buggy is stored out side uncovered at all times.

These forums are filled with electrical gremlin issues and most can be directly attributed to the substandard wires the factory used. go to 12 ga wire and dont look back. I tried to just fix what was there on mine and every issue i had when i fixed the original wires went away when i trashed the stock stuff and re did it.
Plus taking the time to go through everything gave me the chance to get to know the electrical system on my buggy very well and be able to make some improvements like LED head lights Roof LEDs and being able to isolate different parts of the system so that should a fault occur only that part of the system will go down while the rest of it stays up. This allows me to quickly locate what section the issue is in and correct it .