View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytoys2 View Post
Master,

Have you ever pulled the shock springs off to see how much clearance you have when the suspension is compressed? If you could do that then shoot some pics, we might be able to see things more clearly.
I have not. I have, however, crawled up on the rear rack, and jounced with my body weight(320ish) and it touches the exhaust valve service cap if I really give it h*ll, I will be looking at that, once again .

I tried my darndest to come up with something for the head stay that doesn't look like an hack job made it, and came up with nothing. In the process, I did make something that looked decent for the upper case mount, and proceeded to make it fit. Along with boxing in and gusseting the lower mount, I put it all back together, and like it was stated above, I gave the rear a good smacking, and it revealed I still have a clearance issue with the head and the seat belt bar. I have been rolling around the idea of converting to 1/2" heims out back, and may look at longer shocks to compensate for the additional set back of the swing arm. I really don't want to chop the shock mounts out again, although it would be easier.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-09-08 18.40.13.jpg (99.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-09-08 18.40.07.jpg (95.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-09-08 18.40.31.jpg (92.8 KB, 28 views)

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'