View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 06:53 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Yerf dog GX150 GY6 electrical problem/who knows?

Hey everyone I am brand new to the site and am hopefully posting in the right section (if not my bad). Let me start off with I just purchased a used yerf dog gx150. It was running like crap, misfiring and bogging out at full throttle. I did a little tune up - new oil, gear oil, spark plug, ignition coil, air filter, fuel filter, gas tank and cleaned/respliced all the old wires. After all that it ran great, no misfires, good speed, and no complaints. After I did all that I had to put the all the wires back into the electrical box, which was very tight. I had to kind of force/finagle the wires in. After that the kart would not start. My kart I think is kind of "ghetto rigged". I cannot seem to get power to the "kill switch". I have 3 wires that come up to the steering wheel switches. Green, brown and black, with black being the common ground for both. The kill switch is powered by the green which I cannot seem to get power too. The brown wire is spliced by a green/yellow wire that has 12.6 Volts. I traced the green wire back to the 8 pin connection and from there to the regulator rectifier. It seems the only power I am getting is from the yellow/red wire coming into the regulator rectifier from the battery. I am not sure as to what wires are supposed to get power from the 8 pin or regulator rectifier? Didn't know if I somehow killed the regulator rectifier by trying to put the wires in the box? Is there a way to somehow test the regulator rectifier if it's bad? I have literally spent hours playing with all the connections and making sure nothing is loose and trying to retrace my steps. Am I missing something obvious? I have pics if that helps? Any help is greatly appreciated! I live in Lake Worth, FL incase any is local and wants to help a brother out. Thanks again!