View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 02:31 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
The solenoid is normally open. Lead from battery to solenoid should read battery voltage. When start switch is made battery voltage is supplied to the grn/yel wire which closes the solenoid switch which than supplies battery voltage to the starter. You stated having voltage to batt side of solenoid but only 6v when start button is pressed. Do the same test but this time check voltage at battery. If voltage drops at battery when start switch is pressed, you have a bad battery. If voltage at batt is good when start button is pressed then check the lead wire from batt to solenoid for bad corrosion or breaks. If lead wire from batt to solenoid is good then make sure you are getting 12 volts from switch to solenoid. 6v is not enough voltage to close solenoid contacts. Not being there and just going from your post it sounds as if the battery is the culprit.
The left side of solenoid is hot (from battery), green/yellow, and yellow/red are also hot (before switch is turned on). I don't have power to right side of solenoid until I turn the switch. When I turn on the switch to power the right side I only get about 3-4 volts and the left side of solenoid, green/yellow and yellow/red all drop down to about 3-4 volts. The starter is spinning the fan and the starter solenoid makes a clicking/sparking/whining noise. Battery is good mantaining 12.4v (using a car battery now). I am so close now. Fuel is being sucked by carb, I hear it attempting to turn over but that damn solenoid is making some weird noises