View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 11:50 PM
Lite Contributor

How can I diagnose the CVT? I have pulled the cover off and done the spring replacements and nothing looked broke( or messed up). The belt looked like it was in good condition.

I drove it today and still the problem exists (no magical fix). Deep tone at start up and around 30 mph the deep tone goes away and I hear a much loader whirrling/gears spinning (with the speed of the buggy, not freely). Just to see, I held the gas all the way down and it got up to about 35-40 mph with only slight power loss. The power loss is much more noticeable at low speeds because it has a lot more low end obviously.

When this happens now, stopping does not just fix it all the time. I rode it some more and after one of the stops I made it sounded normal but then went back to the whirrling sound. I also seem to have to throttle it much more at idle to keep it from dying.

I am still stumped and frustrated. It did not use to do this and I had no issue. I am scared to take it back in the woods now or even out of my yard.