Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks to everyone for all your input.
Bummer with every project is that it can turn into a money pit no matter how resourceful and self reliant we are!!!! This unplanned project is $760. deep so far. I have to remind myself-"this is just a hobby". But HATE not to finsh something I've started in a timely manner.
Already trying to figure out how to widen the track -offset wheels,wheel spacers,ect... Having a custom wider axle made isn't in the budget!!!! But possibly trying to do it myself is!! They don't sell/make(to my knowlege) a lower (only higher) gear for the FL250 gearbox. I'm dropping off the stator Tuesday for rewinding-still no comfirmation of a cost on that just to get it running on both cylinders. Once that's done-another test drive to see what additional horsepower it does have to deal with-then proceed with a game plan for drivability and safety.Clutch tuning can almost eliminate the wheelie issues but still need to make sure that climbing ability isn't lost due to incorrect weight distribution- that will be checked soon on one of our steep hills.

Last edited by metalstudman1; 09-07-2011 at 11:51 AM.