View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=speedshopmike;17247]msm, i'm 1/2 way thru your other thread now; sweet little track in your backyard!

looking at the pics of what you did in back, we're right on the same page, but it appears your sprocket would be twisting out of align w/ the front as the rear articulates?
does the long chain run tolerate the movement or am i missing something?
i'm having trouble figuring out your 3rd link arrangement; one part looks like a typical short-track j-bar/panhard but i cant figure out the rest from the pic i'm looking at.
is half in front and half behind?

4-link set-up, 2 long forward,2-rear, 5th link is the Jacobs ladder (passenger side inside the frame, looks like a triangle with 2 trailing arms)that keeps the axle in line and allows atriculation and straight up & down movement.Yes the sprocket tilts with the axle & yes the chain has plenty of length to follow the arc. If you go to my Youtube site ( http://www.youtube.com/user/metalstudman1?feature=mhee )there are several vid's of this kart/buggy in action.It's my favorite to drive-I haven't been able to tip it on 2 wheels yet!!! it turns VERY sharp through our trails.