View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Power User

Created a puller--between the bearing and support in the case I had about 3 inches of surface contact area to move off. Tedious, but it's off cleanly with no damage. Governor gear blew apart (nylon) All of the other gears are in good shape, 1 gov. weight is MIA, but it may have hit the floor at some point during the removal process. cam lobes look to be in great shape, as does the bore--no scuffing, still have a decent cross hatch pattern. The binding was in the cover-side main bearing and case support portion. there is some minor galling on the crank, one scratch about 3/4 around. the damaged area corresponds to the case support area. the main bearing is in nice shape, as is the crank in that area. The case support is galled and is likely where it was really locked up at. some junk must've gotten in, i found the arm from the missing weight, but the pin, weight and some of the nylon was definitely thrashing around in there. Now I need to figure out if i can just emery polish the crank, have someone fine hone the support and pop in a new governor. If i can get away with that level of work and not have to pop 300 on a cover, the Yerf-asaki will begin to take shape. Pics of the above junk will show up later ...