View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Power User

And now for tonight's fun .... first one to post what this came from and is ---should be pretty easy --- gets a free lottery ticket ....
I call it the Yerf-dog muzzle , it's nothing real thick but will form the shell that I'll be building the arm mounts from--

I've got enough 1/4 plate to make a matching flat undertray that will get spot welded to the "muzzle" two more pieces of 1/4 will get welded to it and the undertray to form the 90's that the arm bolts pass through. some 2-inch square tube will brace it between the original original mounts and a pair of gussets will go back to the center tube of the frame.

Up top, I'm going to cap it, just cause it'll look kinda cool. The shock frame mounts will be moved to just ahead of the front bar junctions.

The steering linkage ...well, I'm sort of ignoring that pesky item at the moment . If i have to, i may shorten the steering wheel mounting arms and raise the other end of the shaft and move it forward to get back to the spindle with decent geometry. It may even go under the frame instead of over .... I may also add a really stiff bumper bar mounted on the front with some leftover urethane body bushings ... Anyway, she's officially off the dirt until the new arm mounts, spindles and brackets are done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg look familiar.jpg (24.7 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg bottom plate.jpg (25.8 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg bottom plate underside.jpg (25.2 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg top plate loose.jpg (29.9 KB, 106 views)

Last edited by x-bird; 11-13-2011 at 11:13 PM.