View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 03:54 AM
Contributor

Master,

I feel your pain and have definitely been there before. I remember one of just a few of my design failures. On my Baja Bug, I had redone the rear suspension for long travel and had installed custom shocks and shock mounts. I had driven it many miles on the road and had also taken one trip to the desert with it. All seemed to be working good until a trip to the Pismo sand dunes changed things. On the first day of a 3 day trip, I sheared off the upper shock mount. Just to get through the trip, I had to buy a stock length shock and find the correct bolts to mount it $$$. Then knowing that the other side would probably fail also, I had to cut everything off when I got home and redesign it.

The problem is that we are back yard engineers. We don't have the resources to measure everything to the nth degree and throw it into a program like Solidworks to study the movement and the stresses. Don't let it get you discouraged. You will get it sorted out.

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.

Last edited by toomanytoys2; 07-11-2013 at 03:57 AM.