View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon12 View Post
Not trying to high jack this thread. But I have a talon 150cc and I have replaced the following items.

Carb
intake
air box
stator 8 pole
fly wheel
rectifer
coil
plug
fuel pump
adjusted valves

and it still pops when you floor it. If you drive it a half throttle it runs good and smooth, if you mash the pedel to the floor it starts breaking up and will not accellerate. You have to back off to part throttle.

I ordered a CDI but I had to order a waring harness adapter and I am waiting on it to come in so I can use the new CDI. It has oval plugs where my factory wire has sqare plugs. Both are AC cdi's.

Any ideas if I am chasing the correct thing? Hope to find out what is causing this soon. Buggy cranks right up and idles great. Will run great until you go pass half throttle....I even pulled the new carb off and checked the jets to make sure they are not plugged....It is not the carb....where to look now? Or am Im on the right track? Here is a picture of the cdi I have. The orange one is the new one and the black one is the factory one. And the wiring harness is what I had to get to make it a plug and play installation.
You would likely get a better response with your own thread, but here is a tip. If you are popping at WOT(wide open throttle) then look at your main jet size. Sounds like you may need to go a size or two larger. Buy at least one new spark plug and do a wot snap test, pull the plug and look at the ceramic insulation around the electrode post. if it darker than chocolate brown, you are rich and need to drop the main jet down. If it has no color or light tan, then you are lean, and need to open the main jet up, either by replacing it, or if you are confident, you can use small drill bits to open in up manually, and then buy just the one jet you need.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'