View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 09:13 AM
Heavy Contributor

Default air intake Mod for YD, is there better?

Getting tired of needing to re-attach the air intake to the carb. And half the time I'm re-attaching the rubber intake between the carb, and intake manifold. Plus there is the issue I half to keep an eye on the claps, that attach air intake to carb. sets right above the pos. wire on the starter. It's smoked a few times.

got a vm 26 carb. with Uni air filter. There is just not very much space in-between the engine mount below, and cross member above.

I use 2 zip ties, and tie it to the upper x-member. It seems like it keeps it in place. But after awhile, it moves, and just don’t stay where it needs to be.

Just wondering if there is a better way to fix this. I’ve seen someone cut the top x-member to make room, but wouldn’t that degrade the strength? And seen someone make a bracket to attach the metal intake part, and the upper x-member. But not sure if that will fix the problem.

Would there be any reason why I couldn’t cut the top x-member. Add some tubing to it and make it higher, then re-weld it? Seems like a lot of work. So if anyone else got an easier idea, I’m all for it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (100.1 KB, 27 views)