View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 01:26 PM
Heavy Contributor

It's metal. And if recomend not to mess with the frame. Then that would be the way to go. Might as go as far as placing 2 tabs on it. and mount to the cross memeber.

I got the upgrade gas and Air kit from BD. Came with metal intake manerifold, rubber boot between the intake manifold and the carb. And a VM 26. Carb.
The rubber boot between the manifold and carb, cracked in a short time. For while was able to just tape it up. But then split in half. So went to home depo, got a rubber collar, just big enough to slid over the boot. Cut it to size. And clamp it over the rubber boot. The boot is not very long, and its a bitch to get a good clap, or seal on it. After awhile it slids off or moves, and get air leakage from that area. So half to take apart, and reset and install.

I guess if I can get a good secure bit on the filter end, should keep the intake boot from moving and shifting around.

Just really hate the clamps being right on top of the positive wire on the starter. I've burt up a few wires before, because the rubber boot protecting the starter wire, moved and then shorted it out.

There is a plastic spacer between the engine, and the intake manifold. I've got a few extra of those spacers. What if I cut one down. Say in half. And basicly raise the hight of the manifold. Has any done that? Or would I just be asking for air leakage issues? Then prob. would half to get a reducer or smaller filter intake to make everything work. So may not be worth it.