View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 10:53 AM
Heavy Contributor

It ran great, but I butchered the head getting the snapped valve cover bolt out. Also forgot to loc-tite the variator bolt and that spun off. May be a difference with the KDU crank, but the splines stick out a tiny bit beyond the variator fan, so I wasn't bolting to it tightly. probably need to put a washer over the splines (or next to the boss before the fan plate), then torque down the bolt with some loc-tite. Probably need to replace the fan plate as it got a little chewed up in the dismount, but the crank splines look ok. It was a bad idea to let it sit 3/4 put together for almost two years, forgetting what i had left unfinished. No worries, nothing hard to fix, but don't know how much riding I'll get done before the snow hits. I had originally jetted the mains way to heavy as well.
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B