View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Lurker

Default asked a million times...but help a girl out!

New here! I am a dirt bike rider who bought a buggy in hopes of not breaking something before starting nursing school. I still wanna be able to ride, but I'm crazy on a dirtbike! It's not brand new or anything but I don't need anything fancy, just something fun. I got a fantastic deal on one (who knows what brand). But I'll tell you what I know! 150cc. 2 seater. I've worked on my dirt bike and know my way around pretty well.... It has spark and compression... I replaced the carb b/c the guy who owned it before me said that it would need cleaned or replaced. After weighing time and money, I bought a new one. Got it on..... where the heck does the auto choke plug into. It was already unplugged on the old carb when I got it. All that is exposed is white and a grey. Is it wired all wrong? I googled some diagrams and found red and yellow as a possiblity. not an option as it is now. Tried grey and white... didn't seem to make any sort of improvement. Sprayed starter fluid...... starts right up and dies.... not getting any gas. I have no experience with the auto choke and have no idea where it goes except that it probably connects to a color on my wiring harness that is not available. I called the local service provider for a little guidance on where it may go and was told it's different based on brand. I looked for some sort of brand or distinctive marking and there was none! So, it's not getting gas.... and the auto choke is unhooked. Pics are of the buggy and the wiring harness. Any suggestions/direction? Thanks in advance! Ya'll are the best!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0632.jpg (84.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0633.jpg (88.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0630.jpg (93.4 KB, 43 views)