View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

Thanx for the compliments gentlemen- I did give the idea of building a complete front clip that could be sold as a bolt on item- the only thing you'd need is wheels & tires for either a 4" on 4" or 110mm bolt pattern. It sounds good- remove 6 bolts, loosen the yolk on the rack and replace!!!!
Without labor or shipping the material cost would be around $890.00. This only included a set of QA1 coil overs or similar($400.)- if you wanted Works or Fox shocks the price would be around $1,500. just for material. The shocks used dictates the set-up, so they would have to be included.
I can't see anyone wanting to pay more for a frontend than they did for the whole buggy!!!
Then comes the longterm availablity of the few parts needed I couldn't fab here reasonably-(rack & pinion, bulkhead) I'd have to set up a core exchange, have you ship those 2 parts back to me when you got the front end to keep parts around when I depleated the sources that have them now.
The reason we post these modifications is so others can figure out how to afford/improvise the mod's. Most of us can only afford this hobby if the cost is spread out over time!- so we make mod's a little at a time.

Last edited by metalstudman1; 06-10-2012 at 08:21 PM.