View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird View Post
when you say the very last piece, do you mean the end cap that goes on the second half of the case where the fork's shaft comes through? If that's what you missing, i wouldn't buy a new gearbox just for that. I have a 2nd buggy to build that is also missing one and intend to fix it by drilling and tapping some square aluminum stock. Can't see spending $100+ just to fix that issue.

How bad was the carb that you've already bought a new one? was the aluminum pitted internally?

If you could live without reverse, look up "Howhit" on e-bay, a company called BMI Karts has the leftover inventory of Yerf Dog including a lot of parts from recalled buggies. They sell complete and partial engines for pretty cheap. Those particular ones don't have an output shaft long enough for reverse. You could get one of those running and in the buggy, then add reverse when the money becomes available later by swapping the shaft.
I am talking about the reverse gear box, if thats the last peice on the end of the drive shaft?

Carb wasn't super bad, but, someone had taken it apart before, and some peices looked like they were missing and the diafram was sticking inside it. I have rebuilt a carb before, and figured I already knew how to do that, so I just ordered one.

I want reverse because in the begining i'll be riding it around my yard, in town, and well, i have a really small yard.