View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckau View Post
Curing your ground problems.... Make sure you have at least a 10g wire or larger running from the battery to the electric box. One end connects to battery, the other connects to a through bolt and nut in the plate under the electric box cover. This bolt will be a common junction to connect all other grounds to. At this junction run a 12G wire up front to the switch panel and create another junction with a through bolt. Use this wire for a ground source for the switches. Run a 10g wire from the junction point under the electric cover directly to one of the starter mounting bolts. Use steel, NOT aluminum connectors for all wire ends. Crimp style is o-k, soldier is better. Using heat shrink protects from corrosion, shorts and strengthens the connections to eliminate bad connections due to vibration. The lead to the front creates a full chassis ground. The lead to the starter creates a full motor ground. this starter ground also gives full amps for cranking power and eliminates that troublesome connection at the cvt cover.

This box contains spade terminal blocks for both positive and negative. These blocks are both powered directly from the battery. The positive block is 6 circuits fused. Every system in the buggy, starting, cdi, lights, etc. pull their power off these blocks.
Thank you for the tips, I have the black ground wire going from battery to the exact spot under the electric box like u said. Its funny I was talking to my old man about it last night and he said the exact same thing with running a ground wire straight to one of the starter bolts. That's probally going to be the first wire I run to see what happens.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.

Last edited by jmansracerocket; 10-11-2014 at 11:42 AM.