View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Power User

"Hey, I'm standing sideways in my buggy ... hmm kinda cool view from here ..." Glad that was a soft one--looked more like it was caused by just the angle and soft bottom of the incline. I've seen a few vids of the at-speed in the corner style rolls with the spiderboxes that led to some injuries (instinctive arm out the side as it goes over)

One thing to keep in mind with these swingarm type buggies--the front suspension has an above ground roll center-- the rear is a dead axle swingarm with a ground level roll center. Once the front suspension maxes-out in a corner, any additional sideways G is going to begin the roll-over since the body can't roll because of the rear's design. When mine was 53 wide up front, it seemed near impossible to roll. It's at 51 wide now and in my vid you can see me save it from a roll -- exact same spot i put it on it's side in stock form and plowed into my brush pile sideways. That 2 inches less definitely seems to make it more susceptible.

As far as the shock relo, i always wondered about clearance for you guys with the arm flip. Way too many protruding rocks for me to run something like that without hooking it. If you can, make both an upper and lower shock mount with 2-3 positions each. it lets you alter ride height and compression rate to suit the terrain just by moving the shock around.

Last edited by x-bird; 04-17-2012 at 08:08 PM.