View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird View Post
You could put the cable link down low easily enough. Taller brackets coming up, weld a through-tube at the pivot point with about 1/2 inch stick-out on the side the cable attaches. At the bottom, weld a small stud off the side of the shifter tube, drill a hole at the end, washer, cable eyelet, washer, spring clip. (that's the attachment type I used at the engine end, makes it really easy to remove for engine/chain work.)

My linkage point is high because it was the only place I could get a straight shot back to the shift lever on the engine through all the frame tubing. (had to do some cutting even to get that.

Pics---remember, with the layout you're considering, forward with the lever will be your downshift, and pulling back will be your upshift.
Yep, kinda want the pattern that way. Been thinking over the shifter portion since the beginning of the build, just didn't know how exactly I was going to go about making it happen. I was trying to find a pc program to illustrate the idea in my head, instead I started cutting and grinding and came up with a prototype of what I have in my minds eye.

Need to redo the handle portion, drill press wasn't quite level and the pivot hole isn't true. Added a bronze tube bushing to fit over the spacer tube, might nix that on the next handle. The cable will attach through a slot cut through the side with a clevis pin. The only thing that worries me is the amount of throw, but I am sure I'm over analyzing my design.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-10-09 19.06.24.jpg (89.6 KB, 12 views)

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'