View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 12:13 PM
Lurker

Default American Sportsworks Black Widow wobble - Jackshaft bearing?

Hey folks - I'm new here and hoping that this request for advice/help can help us get back to driving!

My son's 136cc ASW Black Widow, probably about 6 years old, has recently developed a serious wobble in the driven pulley. I think it may be the bearing on the jackshaft on the side closest to the pulley?

I noticed a clanking/wobbling sound last time he drove away from the house and noticed it again this time when simply pushing the buggy out of the garage.

I put it up off the ground and pulled the pulley cover.

As you can see in the photo - the driven pulley has some serious free play. It results in a real wobble/oscillation under power.

My question - Is it a question of pulling the driven pulley off and replacing a bearing on the driven shaft/jack shaft?

I believe there should be a bearing on either side of the jackshaft - I can see one on the opposite side after taking off the rubber cap, but I can only see a bearing race almost fused to the jackshaft on the pulley side.

How do I go about pulling that jackshaft out of there and replacing that bearing?

I'm afraid I'm at the limit of my technical ability at this point - any advice, please let me know!

Thanks,

Mr. Ted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180506_114907.jpg (90.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180506_122418.jpg (87.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180506_122423.jpg (90.2 KB, 14 views)