View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Power User

my main "issue" with most of the mini buggy "cages" is the lack of proper triangulation to prevent collapse. while most will not totally crush down on a low speed roll, going over into a tree or at speed is a pretty scary thought. Once you get the rear suspension/engine in, give some thought to coming down off the back top corners to the rack ends then angling back to the frame to offer more support for a frontal direction hit and roll overs. the kink in the main upright is another good place to angle back and down from to help it out.

otherwise, looking good, beats the hell out of bolt together.

I made sure there's no way my head can get through the top of the cage in the event of a catastrophic mess and seat or harness anchors letting loose. check out the dude backflipping the yerf on youtube somewhere south of the border--i still wonder if he survived. Sure enough, When i flipped mine, the junk harnesses i had in it at the time slacked enough for me to have my head/helmet up into the top bars and my arm all the way through past the elbow which got crushed between the ground and bars.