View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 06:48 AM
Power User

Yes and No. The concept and handle end/barrel is the same. this is the one from the 2008?? SunL. It's a basic metal plate with a pressed out bump and the big spring-loaded barrel on the bottom that the cable end screws into. The handle itself is a 1/2 wide, pretty long piece of steel with an extension handle bolted to the top end, (total length is like 14-16 inches) it pivots on a spring loaded bolt through the plate and a matching bump on the steel handle rides over the plate's bump when moving it back or forth. The bottom end of the steel handle piece has a small hole that lines up with the other end of the big barrel. Two things seem to be an issue. The inner cable doesn't seem long enough to go all the way through the barrel to reach the end of the handle arm. The bottom of the handle arm, when in the forward position, goes right up against the end of the barrel and there really doesn't seem to be enough room next to it to put a clevis pin in and have it clear the edge of the plate portion.

In terms of the "free" length of the inner cable, I'm wondering if what's missing isn't a long "shaft" type clevis that connects between the handle end, goes deep into the barrel and connects to the cable. which would require that the handle end be hooked up first, then the gearbox end. I can make a short clevis to connect the cable end at the handle end of the barrel, but I don't have enough "free" inner cable length to do it.

Last edited by x-bird; 03-06-2012 at 06:56 AM.