Thread: Newbie??'s
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 10:14 PM

From one X to another, welcome to the site.

Here's my Yerf thread with lots of info for you if you haven't seen it yet.

http://buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2601

First things first. Reinforce the front end.

1. The Howhit engine that comes on it, is pretty good. The head in particular can be cleaned up and breathe much better. (FREE mod) Not a bad head IMO. You can have it ported and polished if you want.

2. A12 is good. Try to find a quality built one, not just cheapest you can find.

3. Not knocking either one, but a cleaned up stocker and opened up muffler will make decent improvements. (FREE mod)

4. Don't waste your $$. No major gains from either of them. (maybe the unit that has adjustable timing, but don't think you're going to see much improvement)

5. UNI good. Will need to rejet carb.

6. Stock carb not too bad. I did notice a gain from my flat slide Mikuni though

7. Trial and error to find what works best for you/son. This is where you can notice a big improvement in performance by getting this dialed in right.

8. Don't waste your $$$. Stock is just fine. That's what I run with no problem. Just deglaze the clutch bell with sand paper and you'll be fine. I also run stock variator after trying a $80 performance variator. (gained me nothing)

9. I modified mine. They came out good. I do however think Jersey Devil's car/trailer bearing spindle mod is the best set up.

NOTE: when I say cleaned up, I mean grinding and polishing the casting flaws out of parts.

Port matching the intake manifold to cylinder head, and head to exhaust manifold frees up a lot of usable power. It's awful how far off these can be and the engine still runs.
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........

Last edited by xlint89; 04-11-2016 at 10:18 PM.