View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 05:04 PM

I'm not saying you haven't, but make sure you have a good charge on the battery, and make sure it load tests good. Aside from that, make sure all of your electrical connections are good and clean. If the starter is free spinning, it may not be engaging the starter clutch. If I understand the design correctly, the clutch and starter gear never seperate, unlike on conventional car engines, that pull away from the flywheel. Perhaps the starter is not designed for this particular engine? Meaning the nose isn't long enough to engage the starter clutch gear? The only other thing I could think of is the clutch being backwards, but I doubt it can be installed incorrectly.

These clutches have sprags in them, meaning they freespin in one direction, and catch in the the other. This means when the engine is running, the spags freewheel, and when you hit the starter button, the starter spins the clutch, the sprags grab the crankshaft and turn it over till it starts, and then let go to allow the crank to turn freely.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'