View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird View Post
That sounds soooo familiar ....

for heims check Aurora's website and see if they have a dealer (usually a race or machine shop account) near you. Their stuff is aerospace/aviation grade/spec.
My father in-law works for Rolls-Royce aviation, rebuilding turbines in the navy training jets, and he is supposed to be sending me a handful of the heims they toss after a certain amount of flight time. I am not really counting on it, and looking at buying a pair with bungs and all included, rated at 40,000+ lb/sq.in.

I also ordered a bigger fuel tank to mount in the back rack, unfortunately, I did not measure correctly, and it takes up most of the rack. I wasn't planning on using the rack except for battery box and fuel tank, but I don't know that I could squeeze a box in the remaining space and still be able to access it easily. Oh well, at 4.5 gallons, I don't really have to worry about running out of fuel. ever. lol

I do need to ask a question for the lurkers, though. I keep running across recommendations for using Carter shocks for the front ends on the yerfs, but I am convinced that the market is completely dry on this part. If anyone has a line on these or has a set stashed in their tool box, please let me know. I know the works are superb, but a little out of my price range at the moment.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'