View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
It will depend on what the stock deck height is. When shaving the head you do not change deck height. Where you run into problrms is when you change out cylinders, pistons, or add a stroker crank.Some engines will have stock .125 deck height however I have run into some with only .035. You have many differant manufacturers of engines and components comming out of China. Deck height should always be checked. With that being said, by eliminating the gasket you will raise the compression ratio, but unless you modify a number of other areas the differance will be minimal. TOM
very true, there are atleast 20 engine cases that i have right now that are different. i do modify my heads and valvetrain.
i run a fully ported head with a custom grind cam, titanium retainers, race valve springs high tension. also stainless steel valves, and many other components that improve power. on my personal bikes anyway. when friends come over to the garage and ant to save money we take out the base gasket and do some porting, i have gained 10mph+ gps confirmed on a scooter.