Thread: My Spiderbox
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 05:41 PM
Heavy Contributor

I just checked. So I went to pull the fuel line off of the hose barb from the tank, when right as I remember my previous run in with the hose barb, it popped out. Fuel line and all. xD I forgot that I had to JB weld the hose barb in and it gave way under my forceful pulling. Oopsie. But, I do know that the tank doesn't have a blockage because all .75 of a gallon the stupid tank could hold poured out into my gasoline pan I devised from an old tupperware. Cleaned out the tank and re-jb-welded it back in place. Works surprisingly well! Not my long term permanent solution, but it's what I've got right now

I looked straight down the fuel line and no blockages, and I was wondering if maybe my fuel filter was put on upside down; what that make a difference? I'll upload a pic of it later if y'all want. I couldn't find a vent/nipple (I'm assuming that's also referring to a hose barb) thing on the right side of the carb, but there was a short hose (probably 1/4in diameter) that widened at the end (to about 1/2in diameter) and was cut at an angle that came off of the left side? The right side had a hose that led to behind the intake manifold, almost like it was also a pressure regulating thing...?

Edit: This is the fuel filter I have. I didn't get it from Alibaba, but this is a pic of it exactly
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...516822702.html
Heavy Duty Chain Tensioner
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!

Last edited by TheFauxFox; 08-24-2014 at 05:48 PM.