View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 03:16 PM

Have not been working on the Yerf while I have the Miata in the garage. I am around 80% done with that monster, then back to the Yerf after some tweaking with the new Dazon.

As far as direction, I am looking to try a semi-independant rear swing arm set up I picked up off another site. I have a discussion open on it on BN, but had not brought the idea over here just yet.

Been mulling over the idea to hard mount the engine to the frame, and run a single chain to a floating center pivot type swingarm, but can not get past the twist effect on the chain.

The result is going to be a scratch built swing arm, since I looked the results of my patch work, and was disgusted. With this, it will allow me to build any type suspension I want, and I want some type independent rear while retaining the straight axle. Most likely the engine will still be mounted to the swing arm, and while I picked up a polaris FNR box, I am still looking for the correct sprocket, so I may wait to implement that for now.

I may not make the progress I was making, due to motivation finally kicking in to start school and GTFO of my field. Not that it is a terrible area to be an expert in, it has become a dead end and the rut keeps getting deeper. Sacrifices for the long term, at least thats what I keep telling myself.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'