View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Power User

Trying to get video edited and uploaded can be a real fun task. One thing i discovered in researching my massive you tube upload times -- is that it isn't typically the connection speed or type at all.

Rather it's the software used to edit and create the final clip or movie. Some programs package the video in what can best be termed an "envelope" I had this issue with the clips i created with my NCH VideoPad software. Apparently every little data bit is being "examined" or "read" during the upload. If it's in an "envelope", the host site's programming is interpreting, opening, extracting the bit and closing the envelope for every bit. Imagine if every noodle in a box of spaghetti was packed in it's own little sleeve and you needed to cook spaghetti for a crowd of 100 people ....

I have a JVC with really tedious software to use, which is why i went to the NCH, edits beautifully, but uploads are horrible.

Then i got the Go Pro. the company's cinestudio software edits ok for cutting clips, but wont' sync to my NCH.

What i found that resolved both issues was to dig up software that can convert the raw clips from either camera to microsoft windows moviemaker .avi files, then use Moviemaker to create the movie or clip as a .wmv file. The exact same clip that took several hours to upload to youtube was done uploading in less than 20 minutes.

So what you need is a video file convertor software and moviemaker.--which you should have.

I'm not a big fan of moviemaker's editing "options" etc. but it works best of what i've tried.

And of course, now i see that it is a wmv file---did you use moviemaker as the final program to create the movie? if so, then you're 100 percent on your connection ... sry (and i did watch the vid, envious of everyone out riding) you may want to put a little piece of foam over the camera's microphone to balance out the noise levels

Last edited by x-bird; 05-10-2012 at 09:24 AM.