View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Lurker

Default Downright Embarrassed!

I need some advice/opinions for setting up my Hammerhead GL150 (same GY6 as the GT model). I bought it new a few months ago and so far I have mostly ridden slow going rocky trails and hard pack dirt tracks. This past weekend I went to ride at the Red River just across the OK and TX border and was downright embarrassed! I didn’t get 50 ft out of the parking area and got stuck in the sand. I got pushed out and figured I would get a good run at it and try again. I probably made a good 100 ft for the next run and had to get pushed out again. I got turned around and headed back to hard ground, only to get stuck again before I got back to hard pack. I’ve read tons of info on changing weights, rollers vs. sliders, etc.. Instead of piece milling it I want to buy a kit. These are the kits I’ve found. Anyone have any experience with riding heavy sand after making CVT mods? What are the pros and cons of these kits? Any other good kits out there I missed?
KidNME Kit 150cc "CVT Upgrade Series" Level 2 - $123.49
DR2 Variator Kit, 1500rpm Main Torque Spring, 1500rpm Clutch spring set

MRP Kit - $99
MRP racing variator, weights, drive face plate with fan, high tension clutch spring.

Dr. Pulley Kit - $149
GTC Superfly Racing Variator
Dr. Pulley Sliders
Clutch Main Torque Spring, Red
Kevlar Belt (Optional)

Thks, Pat