View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 07:59 AM
Contributor

It is unbelievable how much time I've spent on this buggy yet I'm not even close to having a "reliable" vehicle. I still haven't addressed the nearly shot hubs, engine mounting tab, or engine tensioning bracket (clevis). Add to the list frame gusseting and re-welding. I started out calling this thing the SBox in reference to it being a POS (sh**box). That really isn't all that far from the truth it turns out. A couple more days of labor, though, and I'll have one fine machine!

I did a night ride with the teens last weekend. Got completely covered in mud. I was riding in some tall stuff and the chain started jumping the sprocket badly. Spent 5 minutes clearing this out -

Any tips on how to prevent this?

I didn't spend 30 seconds total in the messy stuff but I still got covered.

My DIY header turned out a lot better than I expected. I bent with a torch, sand, vise, and an old rim.

This isn't my final mounting location or solution - Just a mockup. I moved the can up and closer to the engine.

The can is $14 off ebay. It is way too loud for my liking. I haven't done any plug tests yet. I've got a 130 main in the 30mm pumper carb at the moment. I did do a short run just to see how loud it was. It is as fast top end as it was with the stock can but it is lacking power dearly in the low rpms compared to stock.