View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 03:31 PM
Contributor

I wasnt confident in my readings using used plugs for the plug chops. I bought six NGK plugs for less than $20 to cut up. I ran a test with the 130 but it was so obviously lean I didn't even cut it. I threw in the largest jet that came in either assortment (140) and ran the test. I rode about a mile down the road to a straight about 500 yards long. Pulled over, installed new plug, ran WOT for 500 yards, killed engine and stopped buggy as quickly as possible.

140 is a wee bit lean :/

I'm debating drilling out the second 140 I have so I can ride this weekend while I wait on larger jets to come in the mail.

[EDIT] I drilled out the extra 140 main I had to 1/16" and stuck it in. It was definitely rich. Bogged like crazy anything over 3/4 throttle. I was originally concerned that it was a float or other similar issue but at least I can get the buggy to run rich if I want to.

What I did find strange is that when I went to swap the jets the gas tank was under vacuum. It was actually deformed and air rushed in when I cracked the cap. This doesn't seem right and may explain the excessive lean scenario I was experiencing with the 140 main. I think if I can figure out what is going on with my gas cap I'll be getting somewhere.

Last edited by Pripyat; 02-23-2018 at 06:18 PM.