View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 09:54 PM
Lite Contributor

Thanks for the reply! Well after I got the battery charged I fiddled with the idle/throttle screw and got it to run, after I knew it would start I checked the stick again, it was clean, so I drove it around the yard about 3 times, no smoke and ran fine, then I cut it off and checked the stick again, I took it out, cleaned it off, stuck it back in, screwed it all the way back in and looked again and there was just barely a little drip on the tip. so I got the funnel and oil back out and slowly poured a small bit in, it didn't really drain in there so i pulled the funnel out and put the stick back in and of course the whole thing was wet. I just cant shake the feeling that something is stopping it from filling completely yet, when I check it it reads empty. Gonna check it and try adding more again tomorrow. So just a quick recap of the events so far. I COMPLETELY drained the oil, let it drip out for about an hour, went back replaced the oil drain screw, placed the funnel in the dipstick hole, started slowly pouring in oil, it drank up the first half of the court real nicely, at that point it really wasn't taking anymore in, if it was it was at an unnoticeable rate, so I tried to start it, battery was weak so I charged it for about an hour (meaning the oil had time to sit without it being started) went back out started it, drove it about 10 mins around the yard, checked oil, a little was on the end of the stick, I tried to add more oil and it still wasn't drinking it down correctly like it was during the first half of the quart. Ya see JMAN, I couldn't even get 3/4 in there to begin with, thank you for the advice though, I'll try to follow your guidelines tomorrow, Keep it coming though ill take all the advice I can get!!!